Rodent Numbers

Wednesday 31 October 2012

I haven't updated in ages - I've been super busy the last few weeks and now when I can update I have no idea what to write about!

I've completed a few pieces of art since my last update but not many big pieces other than this racoon piece. It's A2 in size and on stretched canvas. During the process of painting this all I could think about was the very old kids TV show 'The Raccoons' (wiki link to anyone who is curious about the show!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raccoons). I might even YouTube it just to see how funny it looks now, watching it as an adult. (Although I always think kid's TV shows these days cannot possibly compare to what I watched when I was young hah - I really preferred cartoons that aren't all 3Dish - I can't think if that's the right way to describe them but hopefully you know what I mean).

Aside from that particular piece I seem to have been drawing a lot of cats lately. I have quite a few pieces to work on when I manage to get a bit of spare time (strangely I have got three commissions all at once from different people - I shall be busy!) I've since finished one (hoping they like it, they haven't seen it yet!)

Other than art I've recently treated myself to a new camera, a Nikon D3200. I've never used a SLR before so I'm still learning but I love it. All I've taken so far is things and animals around the house - I did want to go to the local safari park on Monday but I've since found out it's closed for the winter season. I'll have to find somewhere else to go and try it out - Bristol Zoo is tempting but it's a bit too far out and not somewhere I like travelling alone (I'm hopeless at working out buses in another city). Ah well.

But anyway, onto the photographs! Naturally, rats ;)

-The Blogging Rat

0 comments: