Rodent Numbers

Thursday 26 July 2012

Lack of Updates and Ebay

Firstly I apologise for the lack of blog entries lately! Things have been crazily busy since the last update.

So onto the typical topics, rats and art ;)

On the art front, lots of new pieces done. I've been working on a lot of rat related art as I have booked a stall at a rat show in a few months time. I'm hoping people will like them. Here's just two of my recent drawings, one in acrylic and one in watercolour as I hadn't done anything in watercolour for quite some time.

I'm also working (not to sell) a rat sculpture doll. I'm not sure how it will work out, I've already realised I should have done one thing differently but hopefully I can get round that little hitch. It's taking forever so can't say I'll have an upload of it anytime soon unfortunately! (One leg took me about an hour! Although it is a rather large rat!)

I'm also trying to sell a few slightly older pieces on ebay.

Oh and also have recently signed up to having a Facebook page (so any social media fans please take a look!).

And onto rat related chat! A few weeks ago Jasper had a run-in with Seth. Seth was sat on me and Jasper lurched down from the bed quicker than I expected. I grabbed him before he could get down but unfortunately Seth also grabbed at the same time getting hold of Jasper's tail. To cut a long story short the result was two vet trips, one on emergency time and then a bandaged tail (rats definitely aren't inexpensive pets if anyone is wondering...!) It was a horrible week as I kept thinking Jasper or Felix would chew the bandage off whilst I was at work. Luckily Jasper left it alone but Felix was more of a problem - I'm sure he thought he was helping when he yanked at Jasper's tail every so often. Jasper wasn't very tolerant of such behaviour and started to do exactly the same thing back to Felix (not intending to cause damage, just to show his annoyance I'm sure).

Luckily the bandage is off now and tail pulling has ceased. However, Seth's bad temper hasn't - I think it's because he's getting older and his sight isn't as good as it was. He also seems to be developing the problem Arrow had with his back legs and unfortunately there's no cure to that :/ I'm also a lot more careful to make sure Jasper doesn't say hi to the older boys anymore.

More recently I acquired two more rat boys. At first I resisted but that night I dreamt about them so took that as a sign (that or I'm too addicted to rats...) They are currently undergoing introductions with Jasper and Felix (and definitely not ever meeting Seth or Levi...!) Their names are Jake and Domino. So far I think Domino is sure Felix is his mummy (I think he's a little confused ;P) and Jasper is more interested in their cage than these new, tiny little shapes!

- The Blogging Rat

2 comments:

Bewildermunster said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hahah you are addicted, not that it's a bad thing. Sounds like you give these guys a great home.
I'm looking forward to hear how the rat show goes for you!

Rachel said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I agree with Bewildermunster, you're definitely addicted! I'd love to see some photos of the new boys :-)